Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pink Saturday!!!

I can't believe how fast this week went by!  It's already time for Pink Saturday over at How Sweet the Sound, but I feel like it was just yesterday that I scrambled around the house looking for something pink!  I'm not the girliest of girls so pink hasn't always been my go to color, but it is starting to grow on me.

For example, this pink wind chime is one of my favorite things in my newly cleaned up sun room.


It is another vintage item from my Grandparents and I love how a breeze from the ceiling fan catches it every once in a while to make the softest sound.

The sun room is turning out to be such a great space for me.  I can store the items for my case, have some plants, and relax in my own space!  I love it!


Here are a few pictures of my work in progress:





The family that owned this house before us did terrible, unspeakable things to it so we have spent the last two years mostly just trying to fix their mistakes.  This room is a painful example of what I call half-assed handyman workmanship (my entire house screamed of this), but it serves my needs well.  Eventually we will make an enormous amount of repairs and possibly just redo the entire thing, but for right now I am totally happy in it!
I'm going over to join the party at How Sweet the Sound and then it's time to wake up the baby and play!  Gonna be a fun day!


2 comments:

  1. Well I really do like that pink windchime. We have a new sunroom and enjoy it immensely. What a wonderful addition to the sound of the breeze.
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time takes care of a lot of things. With all your hard work it has paid off. Looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...