Thursday, July 11, 2013

Quick Booth Update

One of the things I like about blogging is that is keeps me honest.  I could tell you (while trying to convince myself) that my booth sales have been awesome this month and yadayadayada, but that would be totally erroneous and you would know.  Here is the evidence.
This week:                                                                                       Last week:
So, as you can see not much has changed.  I didn't bring anything new because I only sold one item, a little deer figure that has been with me from the beginning.  Farewell little dude!  Stuff moved around a bit, but for the most part it is the same.  
So there you have it. My booth has stalled but I think it is just a temporary situation.  This time of year people want to be outside enjoying the sunshine, not inside and I don't blame them.  It's lovely outside!  Now  I know to budget for a slow summer.  Live and learn!  
Do you have seasonal lulls in sales too?

Heading over to the Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingie Thursday.  

5 comments:

  1. July has been terribly slow here. BLAH! Let's hope it's a seasonal slump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the summer most sales anywhere are slow. I am sure when fall comes it will do fine. You have a great variety of things to attract customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a booth yet but I'm collecting ideas to try. Since I haven't actually tried them yet, I can't really vouch for them but I plan on "advertising" my booth under antiques on craigslist and I also plan on having a monthly gift certificate give away for purchasers only. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. June was a horrible month for me. Like you, I had several weeks where I literally only sold ONE item. There's nothing quite as dispiriting as rounding the corner to your booth to see everything exactly as you left it the week before. :-( Or, worse, you think you sold a bunch of stuff only to find it misplaced all over your booth. I was really starting to doubt myself. Have had two good weeks now and am starting to feel a little better about the situation. I hope July picks up for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My June was better than May, but still only average. I moved my booth to a better location in the same store so I'm hoping July will be better...I already know I'm close to covering my rent already, so there's something. Definitely not getting rich doing it, tho.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...